Sunday, March 6, 2016

Snippet from Suzie's journal

Here's an excerpt from my journal writings in Cambodia

Rahab House
Day 1
Today was a little overwhelming.
Fuz lead a bible study on Genesis1 to the young deciples group, ages 13 +. At first they seemed a little stand off ish. They perked up when Fuz asked the group if there were any students there who enjoyed science. 4 hands went up. A young man asked him during a break how science can prove that we were created and did not evolve from monkeys. Of course Fuz gave an answer that satisfied him.
We went to the first brick factory of 4 today . Fuz and I put on a skit. I think we gave a convincing performance !! We gave out over 30 bags of rice . Clay read john 3:16 and what it means. We came back and had a delicious lunch.

We had a turnout of almost 100 kids at our kids club . We put on a puppet show where I recruited the young disciples to master the puppets . I wish you could see the puppet show that was going on behind the curtain, hitting each other with the puppets etc. oh well Kids will be kids.
For dinner , we ate at Friends restaurant . It is employed by the rescued. It was really pleasant and the food is great.
A word about the food here..... YUM!!!!!
There also is a store next store where items are sold there that are made by the rescued.

We take a tuk tuk everyday to dinner and back. The tuk tuk rides are comfortable but I understand why they call them caskets on wheels

Bed at 8. I fell asleep the minute my head hit the pillow. Good thing I slept with earplugs. It's noisy . Imagine sleeping on the freeway.


- Suzie Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment