Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Day Two in The Lord's Gym

Today was an exciting day in the gym. Three boys went to fight in a tournament a couple hours north of Svay Pak. After my morning workout, we sat in a circle on the gym floor, held hands, and the head coach asked me to pray for the fighters. I was honored and touched by his offer. I thanked God for the boys' warrior spirit, that they would fight with honor, and that God you keep them safe. I walked them to the street, waited with them for the van, and the coach took our picture.


The afternoon workout was slightly smaller since we were shy a few fighters. After the noon training session I lead the fighters in another short devotional: The parable of the man who built his home on a rock. We had a great discussion. God does not promise an easy life without storms, but he does promise that with him as our foundation, we can weather them.

God is doing great things in the lives of these boys, and in the village of Svay Pak.

- Clay Cranford

No comments:

Post a Comment